3rd August

DSC_0016-1

DSC_0021-6

DSC_0025-3

I could only pop in to work for a brief visit this morning as I was taking my wife out for the day. I arrived in area 31 at 6.50am, all was quiet and I mean quiet. Then all of a sudden there were large numbers of birds Chaffinches, Green & Goldfinches, and plenty of phylloscs feeding in the tall trees by St Johns Lodge. They were soon feeding in the Cricket Pen, but with so many birds flitting around it was going to be hard to find the wood Warblers, if indeed they were still present. I began where it was seen most yesterday, but the sun wasn’t quite on them yet, so I went around to the north side and found at lest 8 Willows Warblers in one birch, then on the backside of the tree a bird was moving slightly differently, in more of a skulking manner. Then out popped a Wood Warbler. It showed really well before moving to the other side to the delight of a birder who had just arrived. It was seen during the morning with the last report being around 3.00pm of possibly two birds.

Also present in the area

2 Garden Warbler, Common Whitethroats, 6 Blackcaps,20 Willow Warblers, 10 Chiffchaffs,

Comments