7th June

Little Grebe: 5 pairs are present on the lake with at least 4 pairs attempting to breed (thanks for counting them Rose).

Sparrowhawk: a pair were seen over the park today, with the male hunting in around the Wetland Pen and the female soaring very high over the park.

DSC_0043-3

Great spotted Woodpecker: there seems to be a good number of juveniles, judging by the numbers that are coming to the feeders around the park.

DSCN0601

Taken with my small Nikon Coolpix P5100 through the back window and then leaning out of the window

DSCN0605

DSC_0014-3

Female feeding on a bank and then being alarmed by a dog chasing a squirrel beneath her

DSC_0030-3

 

A possible first for the park Toadflax Brocade Moth caterpillars

Toadflax Brocade Moth

Toadflax Brocade Moth

Comments

Gavin said…
Great shots of the Little Owl Tony. Can you tell me where I can find them?
Tiggrx said…
The caterpillars look like one of the burnet moth species.
Gavin, you have to look in area 25. Though if you you email me and can get in the park by 6.15am weekdays I could show you, weather permitting.
Thanks for putting me on the right track. I haven't got a decent book with caterpillars in and that was a hurried guess.