21st October

With the winds still coming from an unfavourable direction passage was again slow.

Lesser Redpoll: 16 birds passed through.

Siskin: 12 birds passed through, during the morning.

Meadow Pipit: 4 singles flew south-west.

Pied Wagtail: 16 birds in small groups headed west prior to 9.00am.

Grey Wagtails: 3 birds were around the lake.

DSC_7165

The acorn harvest continues, the bird below has at least one in his crop.

DSC_7175

Black-headed Gulls (below) can be seen clearing up food left after the waterfowl in area 35 have been fed.

DSC_7100

DSC_7251

DSC_7284

DSC_7110

I know that it looks as if I am always on holiday, it just happens to be the time of year that offers a good chance of finding something unusual. So I thought I would again ask for any interesting sighting to be left in the comments section while I enjoy a week away with my wife. We will be staying in our usual destination the Little Dairy, situated at Lands End.

DSCN1414

Comments