3rd May

Regent’s Park

Common Tern: 2 birds over the lake mid morning.

Swallow: four birds were over the lake at the same time as the terns.

Whinchat: I  was looking at locations to site 2 more Kestrel boxes somewhere on Primrose Hill with Dave this afternoon as the box that they have used for several years has a squirrels dray in it. I know that it is a bit late in the season but the pair even though they haven’t been seen tend to nest later than the pair in the park. Anyway as we were looking and as I had no bins with me I got Dave to look at a bird flying over the reservoir. It turned out to be a Whinchat, one of Dave’s fab four. The others being Wood Warbler, Common Redstart and Pied Flycatcher.

Reed Warbler: singles in areas 2 and 32.

Common Whitethroat: four birds were present a pair in area 31, and singles in areas 38 and 41.

Comments