16th November

Regent’s Park

Firecrest: a pair were seen in area 32 at 8.00am, the male then appeared to chase off another crest. Firecrests are always chased off by Goldcrests, so we are thinking that this may have been another Firecrest. The light was poor so positive identification was impossible. As I was home today I went over to the area to try and find them, all I managed to turn up was a lone female again on the island area 34, close to where I saw one at the weekend.

Woodcock: while standing in the area that the crests had been seen one shot out from underneath a bush. I had been standing there for 5 minutes, so I am not sure why it decided to take flight. The bird flew towards Queen Mary’s Gardens.

Comments

castlehaven said…
Inner Circle side of Long Bridge this morning, c0845, probable Firecrest in trees and hedges around the house - light not too good!
Eland said…
@ bushy park. Persistent female sparrowhawk in brewhouse fields, eventually chased a green woodpecker into a tree, making a lot of noise, neither were seen exiting.

A number of red wing about but otherwise fairly quiet.

Hi Eland, it is great to get some news from Bushy Pk, are the Redwings feeding in any particular area
Eland said…
Hi Tony. I saw mostly individual redwings throughout the park, began to pick them up in various trees from the water gardens and onwards as I walked around the woodland gardens. Only small numbers throughout. I will keep you posted.
That will be much appreciated