18th August

DSC_5560

Richmond Park

I started here at 5.40am, the sun had still not broken the horizon. I then popped over to Bushy Park to see if work I had asked to be undertaken had been carried out. I am pleased to say that it has and the scrape is again viewable from Dukes Head Passage. There are still some adjustments to be made, these will be carried out once I have finished removing OPM nests and have returned from my next trip up to Norfolk. I will be there from next Tuesday for 6 days.

Bushy Park

There was plenty of bird activity in Hawthorns near Hawthorn Cottage.

Reed Warbler: One feeding in the trees.

Garden Warbler: One present.

Common Whitethroat: 5 present.

Blackcap: 5 present.

Willow Warbler: 8 present.

Chiffchaff:10 present.

Reed Bunting: 6 present. 

Back to Richmond Park

Common Tern: pair still present.

Sand Martin: 4 over Lower Pen Ponds.

Whinchat: I saw 3 but there were 4 on the Bracken on Lawn Fields.

Common Whitethroat: 3 on Lawn Fields.

(There were a few other goodies seen by other RP Birders: Tree Pipit, Redstart, Lesser Whitethroat)

DSC_5603

DSC_5606

DSC_5583

Comments