The last couple of days in the park

Regent's Park

Still the same cast but sometimes they are hard to find.

Water Rail: 2 birds are still present in the Rail Ditch.
Cetti's Warbler: it seems that the best time to hear him is around sun up although he can give a burst at any time in area 32 and 34.
Firecrest: the pair can be seen either side of the road between the entrance to Queen Mary's by the Rose Garden Cafe and the stage door entrance to the Open Air Theatre. Check the Holme Oaks by the cafe or within 60 metres of the road.







 This was a first for me, I had never seen a Firecrest actually feeding on the ground.







I drove through Richmond Park on the way home and saw distantly Dartford Warbler and took these other photos. 




Comments

Wonderful pictures.
Thank you Anne,I can't get enough of this little gem.
Edward Kellow said…
Hi Tony, Really interesting to know these birds are about. I think I saw a cuckoo having a dispute with a magpie in the St John's Lodge garden. Is that likely?

Best Wishes,

Edward