We see the New Year in up in Norfolk

2017 ends in Norfolk and 2018 starts 

We spent 5 days in Norfolk but the changeable weather meant I was unable to get out as much as I would have liked. When the sun did shine I took advantage of the better light to take these photos


This adult Mediterranean Gull flew past Walcott 




Snow Bunting on the beach at Eccles-on-sea 




These and a 15 more Snow Buntings were feeding on the sandstone cliff face nearer Happisburgh



There are almost 50 Snow Buntings in this picture there were at least a further 40 on the shingle just a few strides away.


















5 Bewick's Swan came in off the sea and flew over me, how considerate.






Sanderling





Leucistic Chaffinch



Brambling 



The gull in the middle struck me as being different to the others, unfortunately it flew off as I was getting out of the car to take a better look.


Grey Seals on the beach at Waxham 

















This female looks as if she was injured in fishing netting
















Comments

Arjun Dutta said…
Happy New Year Tony.
I'm just curious as to what you thought the gull in the middle (img 39) could've been?
Arjun
It did look like argentatus apart from the fact it was smaller, less aggressive looking and even though I watched it from the car for several minutes hoping to see the whole bird it was always slightly obscured by the bird in front. However I could see almost the whole wing and I didn't see black primaries. When I decided to leave the car that group took off and joined a large group of gulls being fed on chips and I couldn't relocate it.