4th January


























Goldfinches on feeder in area 24


Water Rail: Seemed to be more elusive today, only seen twice.
Egyptian Geese: The pair still present mainly in area 26.
Shoveler: 12 birds commuting between area 1 and 5.
Common Teal: 1 drake with the above birds on the main lake when flushed from area 1.
Gadwall: 10 birds on the main lake.
Ruddy Duck: 9 birds on the main lake.
Mandarin Duck: 14 birds hiding around the edges of the islands on the main lake.
Ring-necked Parakeet: 2 birds on feeders in area 24.
Goldfich: 8 birds on feeders in area 24 sometimes visiting areas 1 and 25. Posted by Picasa

Comments

Debbie Pledge said…
Friday, 1.15pm. Water rail showing nicely along channel.
No parakeets in Area 24 feeders, but I'm sure I could hear them somwhere around the lake.
I saw a male Baikal teal under one of the blue bridges. I have never seen one here before. How long has it been part of the collection? Is there a female lurking somewhere? I hoped to see this duck in Regent's Park at some point (seen them at the Wetlands Centre).
Debbie
Hi Rose.

I didn't know I had made the podium in the London Patch List Challenge. I haven't received a medal for all that hard work.
As I have mentioned before an inner city site can never compete with the so called outer London sites.

Hi Debbie.

There are Baikal Teal at both waterfowl sanctuaries of both sexes. The males sound like little dogs barking.