16th August

A beautiful fresh plumaged Chiffchaff in area 24.


A male and female Common Blue in area 25.


Wasp Spiders, a little group were found in the long grass and wild flowers next to area 26. I do not know if the top one is a female and the one below a male. Both were on the same web.


Just wrapping up lunch

This is one of the area where the spiders can be found

The numbers of Brown Hawkers goes from strength to strength.


A fairly quiet day, unless my eye sight is beginning to fail.

Swift:
Twelve birds over the lake at 6.00am.
Common Whitethroat:
A fresh juvenile in area 24.
Willow Warbler: Six birds three in area 25 and three in area 29.
Chiffchaff: Three in area 25
Blackcap: Birds dotted around the park.

Comments

Neil said…
wow some nice photos. Ive checked in my collins spider book and the male looks the right shape at least. The male is 5mm long approx apparently (Ive never seen a male in the flesh) And why the colour doesnt seem to match the pictures I can find, theres no ther species in the genus in the UK so I think its safe to assume its a male.
Neil
Thanks for tha, I thought that you might have had a better idea than me.