5th November

DSC_0152

A duck from the collection, do you recognise her?

The weather has still not been that kind for those wishing to see large numbers of visible migrants.

Water Rail: still only one in the rail ditch in area 2. It has been a bit elusive, probably due to the fact that the weather has been so mild and the need to visit the feeding station is not so great.

Mandarin: at least forty-eight birds are now present. Birds can be heard flying in to the park during the dark.

Red crested Pochard: at least fifty-six present.

Jackdaw: two flew north-east at 8.50am.

Redwing: around fifty birds flew through in small parties, with some stopping off briefly to feed in the Yew trees.

Chiffchaff: one in area 32.

Siskin: four singles were heard, with only one being seen.

DSC_0076

DSC_0080

DSC_0085

Comments

Marc Heath said…
Lovely shots of the Mandarin. Wouldn't mind these on my own patch at Reculver.
Hi Marc.

Being such cracking birds, that have only recently regained their splendid plumage. I thought I would share their beauty with others.
Having never been to Reculver,
something that I must rectify one day. I am not sure if there is anything that could encourage one to drop in. I wouldn't be surprised if one was eventually picked up passing by on a sea watch.
Dobbies said…
Hello Tony,

I'm Ian from the Dobbies Gardening blog.

We've written a post called "Garden bird blogs we love", which includes ‘Regent's Park birds’. You can read the full article here:

http://www.dobbies.co.uk/blog/garden-bird-blogs

We hope you are happy to be included in our post, but if not please let us know and we'll remove your site from the list.

All the best

Ian
Hi Ian.

I am very pleased that you consider my blog worthy of being included on your blog. In my case, I have done it to show what can be seen in or over a very urban setting.