Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

17th June

A site near Bushy Park

I have been keeping an eye on this site for the past couple of years, an update will follow in  a day or two. Today however I was surprised by the following event.

DSC_4269

I was watching this group of juveniles when I glimpsed the falcon arriving with a prey item. At first I thought she was being followed closely by another juvenile but soon realised that it was a female Kestrel. She quickly made a hasty retreat before the falcon went after her.

DSC_4332

DSC_4333

DSC_4355

DSC_4381

DSC_4375

DSC_4392

2 comments:

glen mcdonal Writer said...

Would the Kestrel be trying to steal food? Even take young? Feeding cant be that hard for kestres.
Odd thing to do

Tony Duckett said...

The Peregrine may have taken a going Kestrel.