16th July

Bushy Park

I popped up to the Brewhouse Meadow just before 7.00am to see if the Buzzards were showing. If I had tried later the birds would have been sheltering in the wooded areas as we have got workers pulling up Ragwort. I opened the gates as quietly as possible which is not easy. I was then able to watch from a distance as a juvenile flew from a stand of dead Elm suckers into the long grass. I couldn’t see what it was after so I moved to another viewing area where I was able to see one juv and both parents head towards the wood. The juvenile was a little bit behind them when suddenly a Hobby stooped at him. That made him panic, and it quickly sought cover on the edge of the wood.

DSC_0861

DSC_0909

DSC_0911-001

It sat here for a while calling, I was slightly surprised when the sound of another juvenile also began to call. This prompted the one I could see to fly off and join the other bird.

DSC_0913

DSC_0924

DSC_0925

DSC_0928

DSC_0938

Richmond Park

I had again driven through Richmond Park on the way to work, to allow me to monitor the Common Terns and to see how all the juvs were doing. The adults were all busy fishing and showing off their trophies, while the juveniles kept to the rafts.

DSC_0388

DSC_0842

DSC_0411

DSC_0506

DSC_0826

DSC_0757

DSC_0836

DSC_0476

Comments