22nd September

Bushy Park

I started the day here today, although I was kept up to date with news on whether yesterdays Yellow-browed Warbler had be relocated. Unfortunately there was no sign of the bird although pretty much everything else that was seen in yesterday location was still present. The only bird of note that I saw in Bushy Park was a Whinchat, which was my first of the autumn, It was in the overgrown paddock just west of the Iron Bridge. It just goes to show that I have been working to hard to look. Every other green space has had possibly record years. I did see a handful of Swallows and Meadow Pipits passing over plus 2 Grey Wagtails by Roaring Arch.

I have been carrying out some work on the scrape to increase the chance of seeing something interesting from Dukes Head Passage.

Regent’s Park

Before I left Bushy Pk I had been told that we had our rarest chat the Stonechat showing well, yes you’ve guessed it showing well in the Chat Bush. I must plant a shrike bush to see if we can entice one of them to drop in. As I pulled into the park a birder from the Twickenham area that had popped in hoping to see the YB Warbler informed that there was still no sign but the Stonechat was showing well. I continued on to the area 36 and it soon popped into view. While watching him several Swallows and Meadow Pipits flew through.

IMG_20140922_083935 

IMG_20140922_134149 

IMG_20140922_133628

IMG_20140922_154240

IMG_20140922_131033

 

Comments

birdman_euston said…
Is the Stonechat a male, Tony? I thought so from the breast colour alone but a source more knowledgeable than I said it was an adult female.
It is a female, I had my mind on several things while I was writing it up.