11th July

I am so sorry for not blogging for a while. There are a couple of reasons, early July is normally quiet until the warblers start to move around mid-month. The real problem that I have is the death of my camera. Well it is possibly repairable, but it had this fault a couple of years ago and any repair on a Nikon camera isn’t cheap. I now have to think hard as to whether or not I can afford a replacement.

Anyway I will try and keep the blog going in some shape or another. Any photos before and including the Swallows were taken with my old Nikon D300s, after that they were taken with my even older Nikon D5000.

Bushy Park

Little Egret: a bird flew towards the Woodland Gardens 6th.

Common Tern: one flew towards the Heron Pond 7th.

Curlew: one flew north at 6.30am 10th.

The Scrub just north of Dukes Head Passage has had good numbers of common warblers this week.

DSC_2537 

It looks as if 3 pairs have bred in the park this year one up on the last couple of years.

DSC_2586

This Green Woodpecker looked to be struggling on the hottest day of the year.

DSC_0053

Click on the link to see a Banded Demoiselle catching insects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kGAZcvnqZU

DSC_0068-001

DSC_2994

Marbled-white Butterflies are annual in small numbers.

DSC_3004

DSC_3005

DSC_0064-002

Ringlet Butterfly need to be looked for carefully as the most abundant dark butterflies are the Meadow Brown’s.

DSC_2744

Juvenile Swallow crash lands.

DSC_2737

DSC_2739

DSC_2926

DSC_2973

After taking these Swallow photos I took what would have been cracking shots of a juvenile Lesser Whitethroat, Cetti’s Warbler and a Whitethroat feeding a recently fledged bird and when I went to review them none had come out.

DSC_0033

DSC_0024

DSC_0066

DSC_0039

DSC_0075

DSC_0089

DSC_0108

Regent’s Park

Nuthatch: at leats 2 are present in the park but mobile.

Reed Warbler: the pair in Queen Mary’s are feeding young again.

DSC_0017

DSC_0025

DSC_0040

DSC_0053

DSC_0055

Comments

Your photos are always fantastic....you would probably take craking photos with a box brownie.
Glen.

I think I remember trying that with a relic my Dad had.