Norfolk August 2016 Bank Holiday

Norfolk August Bank Holiday

The weather wasn't favourable for mass migration from the east, so I made do with a few sea birds, waders and a handful of warblers.

Here are some of my favourite pictures from the 4 days away.


    Marsh Harrier at Cley NNT Reserve


    Quite an early female Pintail at Rush Hill Scrape
    Common Terns were still feeding their young at Rush Hill

    This was the nearest I got to Curlew Sandpipers, they look better in sunshine.


    I thought I had missed my chance of a good Greenshank photo. I had arrived at Cley on a 
    grey morning and chose to leave my camera in the car, when I open the hide flap there was
    a bird just outside. I rushed back to the car collected my camera but on my return it had
    moved further away. Luckily 2 days later on my arrival with camera in hand it was there
    waiting for me.




    Ruff

    Common Snipe


    Several young Swallows hawked insects above my garden, this one landed on my TV aerial.
    Willow Warbler on the coastal path
    I quite like Collared Dove's but if they take to much seed from my feeders I may change my 
    mind.

Comments