2018 end and 2019 begins

2018 finishes and 2019 starts with the same  goody

I have been struggling with what was eventually diagnosed as carpal tunnel syndrome. As the pain in my right hand and arm was so bad at times my doctor signed me off work for 2 weeks over the Xmas and New Year period. Driving wasn't comfortable but we did manage to get to Norfolk. The skies were grey almost the entire 7 days we were there. However when I needed it it didn't let me down. You can see below what I needed it for, my 3rd Black-bellied Dipper, that was available about 7 days. Due to the grey skies I only birded my local area, making several trips to the disused wartime airfield at Ludham. I say disused but there is a small hanger where a few locals fly a biplane  from.



What looks like a fast flowing stream is in fact water topping a disused and damaged lock












These high flying Whoopers were heading towards there night time roost



Heard of Whooper and Bewick's Swans at Ludham


Whooper Swans (above) while below you can see a few Bewick's amongst them.



Bewick's arriving on runway 1 one morning





The heard move from ploughed sugar beet field to grassland








The first group depart for their night time roost on a shooters pool near Sea Palling 






4 Russian White-fronted Geese amongst Greylags near Horsey Windmill



Female Stonechat by Martham Broad


It would have been nice if the Whooprs or Bewick's gave me a close fly by but you can't have everything.

Comments